What is Medik8 professional facials?
Medik8 facial treatments have been carefully selected to rejuvenate the skin while providing you with a supremely relaxing experience. Medik8 is an award-winning global skincare brand, sold exclusively by skincare experts for skin-ageing, blemishes, redness, pigmentation and dryness. Treatments deliver visible results you and your friends will rave about. Medical grade cosmeceutical products from the range are used in the professional facials, are unavailable for retail purchase for home use. Medik8 professional treatments offer a pampering in-clinic experience that includes cleansing, exfoliation and facial massage leaving your skin beautifully hydrated & glowing. Your therapist will then be able to recommend a skincare regime suited to your skin to maintain the results of the facial. In order to get the most out of your treatments, we recommend a course of treatments alongside a tailored at-home skincare regime.
Types of Medik8 facials
It involves deep cleansing, manual exfoliation with bamboo micro polish as well as enzyme exfoliation followed by application of C-Tetra, layered with Medik8 Radiance mask to deeply hydrate and brighten the skin and finishing with Medik8 specialised serums. A course of 6 treatments every 1 to 2 weeks is recommended for effective results.
Are there any contraindications to Medik8 facials?
- Taking Accutane or similar medication
- Direct sun exposure in last 4 weeks
- Any injectable or fillers within 72 hours
- Sunburn or active rosacea
- Cold sore or fever blister without premedication
- Waxing within 7 to 14 days
- Skin disorders
How many treatments are recommended?
To gain maximum benefit, we usually recommend a course of 4-6 Medik8 facials every 2 weeks and then monthly maintenance is required. Most people will see a significant improvement in their skin condition, especially if they combine their treatments with Medik8 homecare products.
What should I do before and after the treatment?
- Avoid direct sun exposure, spray tanning and sun beds for 3 weeks before and after your facial. If going in the sun, a high SPF sunscreen should be applied.
- Don’t do heavy or sweaty workouts within 24 hours.
- Don’t use make-up or perfumed soaps for 24 hours following treatment.
- Don’t use saunas, steam rooms, public swimming pools and hot baths for 24 hours.
- Don’t pick off any dead or peeling skin, as this may cause skin discolouration, or even mild scarring.
- Avoid waxing and any kind of skin resurfacing treatments for 2 weeks after your treatment.
- Any skin care cream enriched with vitamin A, E and C will improve your treatment results.
To enquire about Medik8 facials, contact Medix Skincare & Laser Clinic today on (03) 9686 0003.